Sunday, 18 September 2011

The Skal Prologue is being prepped for the printers...!

I have a few pages left to do, like the credits page and the final double page. But after that, it's lil tweaks, some lettering and then zooooom off to the printers!

However! I’m currently deciding how many copies to print on my first special edition run, so I need to check how much interest there is from you lovely people! If you fancy having a hard copy of the Skal Prologue that’s numbered, signed and comes with a lil doodle for you inside it, please let me know! (And if you want that lil doodle to be of your pretty face, just send me a photo of yourself. ... That didn't sound TOO creepy did it? :D) Here's my e-mail: jennie.gyllblad(AT)gmail.com

Because I’m kind of testing the waters here (I’ve never seriously printed my own comic before), I would love to hear any suggestions you may have as to what you expect from a first special edition run and whether my approach to the goodies and pricing is reasonable. I can't imagine the final copy costing more than £10 (Including the postage), but will keep on checking out the printer-quotes I'm getting.

Here's the progress on the potential cover.




A messed up lady may soon be coming to a postbox near you 8D

6 comments:

  1. So cool that you are publishing it! i will be interested! Very interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.ukcomics.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, typo! www.ukomics.co.uk are pretty decent for print runs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew this pic was made of awesome even from the 1st pics of the pencil drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm gonna be okay for printers. I know two who have been good to me so far. Just about choosing between them and checking how many copies I should print. :)

    Haha, cheers Sara :D

    ReplyDelete