Friday, 1 October 2010

First test of BnM type.

We're prepping the first chapter of Butterflies and Moths for the convention in Birmingham. It was only about 2 days ago I actually realized we had no title on the cover(!) Reason why it had been left out was a remnant of its past in Insomnia Publications, where originally an inhouse graphic designer takes care of the typography on the cover etc. Now, I'm taking on that role -as well- and most graphic designers/typographic people would probably cringe at the way I do things.

But anyway. Here's a first draft of the type. It still needs spacing out I think, and the colour needs to actually match the illustration.



See this as a temporary solution ;P

2 comments:

  1. I love your watercolors so much. The color pallet on this one is fab. the way you did the edges is my favorite, like an old book page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D Some of the edges is a dry brush. The wetter the watercolour, the more chaotic it becomes. Which is fun, but also kind of unpredictable :D

    ReplyDelete